If you’re the type who owns a (several) revenge dress(es) – perhaps a little black dress like the one Princess Diana wore back in 1994 – then you would probably appreciate the recent “revenge makeup” trend that’s taking over TikTok.
While I find myself rolling my eyes at some of the beauty trends that have gone viral on the social media app, I think I’m okay with the concept of this one. Because hey, if you’re going through a rough time and need a beautiful distraction – why not let that distraction be you? I supposed it aligns with the concept of self-love, just in a more dramatic way, even if you needed that stupid ex to be the motivation.
The revenge makeup is bold and unapologetic – dramatically contoured high cheekbones, dark cat eyeliner, and a statement lip in a color you can see from a mile away – it seems like you either do it right or don’t do it at all. The goal essentially is to get your ex to do that double-take when you “casually bump into each other” on social media. Or fine, IRL, if that’s your thing.
There’s really no right or wrong formula to this, obviously, but I’m all for the concept of allowing your ex the opportunity to rethink his decision. Unless, of course, you were the one who wanted the break up in the first place… then just do the makeup for fun, I guess.
Here are some of our favorite makeup products to complete the look for your next breakup:
- The Luminous Silk Foundation by Giorgio Armani Beauty
- Face Trace Cream Contour Stick by Westman Atelier
- Liquid Touch Brightening Concealer by Rare Beauty
- Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Highlighter by Saie
- Blush by NARS
- Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier
- DIPBROW Brow Pomade by Anastasia Beverly Hills
- Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner by Stila
- Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color by Fenty Beauty
So, will we be seeing your revenge makeup?